Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Surprise visitor

It's about 9:00 on a normal Friday night. Alexa has just walked into the house, coming in from the garage. She had been down the street at a friend's house watching a movie. As she walked in, she very casually says, "There's a snake in the garage." No screaming, no panicking, no freaking out (she obviously did not get this behavior from me...).
What?!? Immediately, I am picturing a large rattlesnake... Matt goes into the garage and Alexa bravely follows him. I was staying inside where it was safe...and besides, what if they needed someone to call 911 or even a snake wrangler?!?
The two of them come back inside calmly.
What happened?!?
Alexa begins to calmly tell me how the snake slithered under my car. (I think at this point I did a full body shiver...I don't like snakes!!!) Matt had her get a shovel. He "took care" of the snake. This is where in the story she says enthusiastically, "there was blood on the garage floor!" I think I almost fainted.
Later in the weekend, Alexa and I sat down at the computer and researched what kind of snake we think it was. Based on what we could find, she thinks it was a Texas Brown Snake..."but don't worry mommy, they aren't venomous"...who is this kid?!?
Here's a picture from the Internet because there was no way I was going to see one up close and personal if I can help it!!




I will admit to taking a quick peek under my car now before I get in. Yikes!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment