Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

New Driver

It is official. Mackenna has passed her written test and has her Learner's Permit. I don't know if I'm ready for this. Wasn't she just five years old yesterday?!? How could she possibly be ready to drive?!?
As you can see, she is ready whether I am or not...



Our first outing together was driving from the gas station to home. It is trip that is only about 15 minutes long. She did great and I was completely calm (on the outside). However, my insides were like jelly! 
As she was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat (read: not in control) I was thinking about the airbags in the car, just in case. I was thinking about how squirrels and deer can just run out in front of you. I was wondering if she know about construction zones, pedestrians, and little kids that can just dart out from behind a parked car. All kinds of these scenarios were playing out in my mind...but yet I remained calm. (Did I mention she did great?!?) 
After we pulled into the garage and the car was in park, I began shaking. Oh boy! That was stressful. Come to find out, her calm exterior was masking a stressed out inside, too. She loved driving but she was glad the first drive was over. And, she mentioned that not only was she stressed a little, but she thinks she may have sprouted a gray hair. 
LOL! I love this girl!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment