In case you missed this....
The back story: Alexa wanted to take hip hop dance class.
I found her a class.
She told me she was NOT going to do the recital.
Knowing how timid and shy she can be, I was unsure if this was going to be a good idea at all.
We went to the first class and only one other girl is in the class. Oh boy...the spotlight.
About a month before the recital was to take place, the other girl quit!!
Oh great. Now what?!?
I knew there was no way this kid was going to go on stage by herself. Ever.
Her dance teacher said she'd dance it with her. (phew!)
I was worried she'd get on stage and cry and then not dance.
Well, she got on stage, rocked it out and I cried!!
I am just so very, very proud of her. In fact, proud is not a strong enough word!!
Enjoy!!
As we were in dress rehearsal, the other girls backstage said, "Are you THE hip hop girl?!?" She just shyly smiled and nodded. Yes, she was the one and only hip hop girl. All of the other dances were ballet, tap, and jazz. When Alexa finished, the crowd erupted with applause and cheers. She was so amazing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment