Happy Valentine's Day!
We began celebrating with breakfast this
morning. Matt made the girls blueberry waffles, colored pink. When the
blueberries are warmed, they sort of melt.
The result was beautiful pink and purplish waffles. So cute! My
part of the breakfast was the bacon. I cut it in half and arranged it so it
cooked in the shape of hearts. So yummy!
After we sent the girls off to school
(with a few heart-shaped treats in their lunch!), Matt went to work and I left
shortly after to go to my fitness class. When I returned, there was a big
surprise waiting for me. He had waited until I was gone and then returned to
surprise me with roses, conversation hearts, a beautiful card, and chocolate
dipped strawberries.
Tonight, we will have our traditional fettuccine
alfredo for dinner. We have been eating this homemade dish for Valentine's Day
since we were dating. (A special thanks to my friend Suzanne who gave me her
mom's recipe years ago!)
I want to wish you all a very happy
Valentine's Day. I love and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment